How we did it
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer.
With 110 locations in 25 countries, the company’s centralized recruitment team couldn’t afford to keep relying on the old ‘post and pray’ method of recruitment: posting a job ad and waiting for applications.
They needed proactive techniques and tools for finding and approaching talent living anywhere in the world.
A three-hour social sourcing workshop, covering the how-to’s of social sourcing and approaching potential candidates. Using actual open roles and hands-on practice, participants learned how to:
- Generate names using LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as more specialized, regional, and obscure social networks
- Find professional information from public personal profiles
- Perform boolean search and other advanced search techniques
- Send effective, response-getting cold emails
- Identify job market barriers
Want to equip your recruitment team with social sourcing skills?
We’d love to help you out.